• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

Notícias Austria score 'fastest goal in international history' as striker dribbles from kick-off

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
Austria score 'fastest goal in international history' as striker dribbles from kick-off

0_BAUMGARTNER2.jpg

Austria have shattered Germany's record for the quickest international goal ever scored as RB Leipzig's Christoph Baumgartner sprinted through the heart of the Slovakian defence

Austria have scored the quickest goal in international history as RB Leipzig's Christoph Baumgartner turned on the burners from kick-off.

Baumgartner, 24, took the ball from the centre-circle and started to sprint through the heart of the Slovakian side. Defenders seemed to melt away as the RB Leipzig star took aim and fired the ball into the bottom corner.

It took just six seconds from the whistle for Martin Dubravka to be picking the ball out of his net - toppling the previous record set by Lukas Podolski when he netted Germany against Ecuador after seven seconds back in 2013.

"Tight at the back from the start lads, nothing silly early doors," one fan joked. While a second replied: "Don't do anything silly in the first 15 minutes, lads."

"If I were any of the Slovakian team I would simply retire, I think," a third said. And another added: "I would lose my mind if I was the opposing coach!"

Austria have been drawn into the group of death for the upcoming Euros this summer - with France, Netherlands and the winners of Playoff Route A (Wales or Poland) waiting for them in Germany.

Ralf Rangnick's side will be hoping to pull up some trees in Germany, and they have an exciting young squad.

Slovakia have a slightly easier group, and they've been drawn alongside Belgium, Romania and the winners of Playoff Route B (Ukraine or Iceland).

Daily Star Sunday