• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

Slax 6.0 Rc3

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
slax.png
SLAX is fast and beautiful Linux operating system which fits on small (3.14") CD-ROM disc. It runs directly from the CD (or USB) without installing. The Live CD described here is based on the Slackware Linux distribution and uses Unification File System (also known as unionfs), allowing read-only filesystem to behave as a writable one, saving all changes to memory.
sq.png
Why

bg.png
Imagine the ability to boot your favorite Linux distribution whether you are at home, at school, or at work. Imagine walking on the street and carrying the only thing you needed in life - the 8cm compact disk with your Live Linux CD. Wouldn't you want to experience such a feeling? :)
sq.png
How

bg.png
When your computer boots from the LiveCD, the first step is loading the kernel image (vmlinuz). After this, a 4 MB ramdisk is created in the computer's RAM. The rootdisk image (initrd.gz) is then unpacked into it and mounted as a root filesystem. Large directories (like /usr) are mounted directly from the CDROM.
sq.png
Bugs

bg.png
I am still learning and I don't know everything. If you find a bug or if SLAX does not work on your computer, contact me and I'll try to fix it. If you have some interesting idea or if you know how to do things better than I did, tell me about it. I appreciate all kinds of feedback.
sq.png
Your support

bg.png
Do you enjoy SLAX enough to want to support its development? Place a hyperlink http://slax.linux-live.org/ onto any of your own web pages. Although it doesn't seem like a large contribution, I'll be very grateful for the mention. Thank you!

Home page

Download 192 MB