• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

How to create SWAP FILE in AZbox HD!!!

aguda

GF Ouro
Entrou
Ago 28, 2007
Gostos Recebidos
Thanx to Leitz and guys from AZboxHD.es forum, this will help with AZbox HD performance!!!

0) I have a USB memory stick attached to my AZbox HD.
(If you have an HDD attached to yours - the same applies, of course, with minor difference.)
I have used AZ HD to format it to Ext3.
HOME -> Settings -> Storage -> choose the device you want to format -> Format. Reboot occurs.

1) Download "swap.rar" file and decompress it on your HDD.
You'll get a "swap" folder. In it you'll find a file and a PLUGINS folder.

2) The file S2swap.sh is a script and it must be put in AZbox HD folder DISK2/etc/start.d
CHMOD it to 755.

3) Inside the PLUGINS folder there is a swapon folder (with 2 files in it). It goes to AZbox HD Plugins folder.
CHMOD its contents to 755.

3a) Depending on whether one has an HDD or a USB memory stick, one edits the swapon.sh (in Plugins).

To edit the files below, use a Notepad2 or another UNIX editor, not Notepad or Wordpad etc.

From line no. 33, we find the following:

Código:
#choose device, where to create swapfile
 #SWAPDEVICE=/DATA/hdb1
 SWAPDEVICE=/DATA/usb1/sda1

If you have an HDD attached to AZ HD put the # sign in front of the USB line and remove it from the other one.

Then, we edit the file size for the SWAP partition here:

Código:
SWAPFILE=swapfile
 #SWAPSIZE=204800
 SWAPSIZE=102400

The first one creates a 200MB and the second one a 100MB SWAP file. Do as above, to serve your needs.

Reboot.

Go to HOME -> File Manager and check your USB or HDD. You should see a 100 or 200MB SWAP partition...

Every time AZbox HD is started the script creates the file.

My machine is now more stable, faster and the EPG plugin works just fine, with no freezes. Patience!

Última edição: