Shakhtar boss forced to wear HILARIOUS costume after beating Man City in Champions League

MANCHESTER CITY lost their unbeaten streak against Shakhtar Donetsk last night.

However, most of the talk after the clash was not about the events that unfolded on the pitch.

The Ukrainian outfit joined City in the last 16 of the Champions League after their 2-1 victory which meant Shakhtar boss Paulo Fonseca was forced to stick to a promise he made earlier in the campaign.

The Portuguese boss donned a celebratory Zorro mask, cape and black hat in the post-match press conference, after stating he would do so if his side made it through to the knockout stages of the competition.

"This is the most joyful press conference of my career," Fonseca told reporters.

"I feel great joy.

"I think not only Shakhtar’s supporters but all Ukrainians have to be proud of our team.

"Twelve points in such a group is fantastic."

Shakhtar were not expected to progress to the last 16 after being placed in a group consisting of City, Napoli and Feyenoord.

Pep Guardiola's men topped the group with 15 points from a possible 18.

Last night's defeat was his side's first of the season, ending a 20-match unbeaten run.

"We lose a game, it’s part of our profession," Guardiola said.

"You cannot expect and all the season I’ve said many times, we are not going to win all the games.

"We are going to lose games, today was the first."