• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

[Ingles] Reflective Liquid Type

edu_fmc

GForum VIP
Entrou
Fev 29, 2008
Gostos Recebidos
Create a new image with the following attributes:

* Width: 11 inches
* Height: 11 inches
* Resolution: 300 ppi, 8 or 16 bit
* Background Color: White

image01.jpg

Since the desired effect is to appear liquefied, a font that appears to have been made with a crayon or round brush will work perfectly. Select the Type tool and open the Character palette from the Options bar. The font I’ve chosen is called ‘WallowHmkBold’… if you do not have this installed on your system just use the font of your choice. The attributes for the characters are seen below:

image02.jpg

Note that the color is gray in the #666666 range and NOT stark black.

Type a word across the face of the image.

image03.jpg

Rasterize the type layer, then paint a few additional gray dots around the type.

image04.jpg

image05.jpg

Open the Channels palette and duplicate a channel… the Blue channel will work fine. Go to Image>Adjustments>Invert.

image06.jpg

Open the Filter menu and select Blur>Gaussian Blur. First, blur the channel at a 25 pixel radius. Blur the channel again at a radius of 15 pixels.

image08.jpg

image07.jpg

Turn off the Blue copy channel, but don’t delete it… you’ll need it in a moment or two.

image09.jpg

Go to Filter>Render>Lighting Effects. Set it up as outlined in the image below… be sure to select the Blue copy channel as the Texture Channel.

image10.jpg

The result of all that is a pretty basic bevel, and yes, you could do pretty much the same thing with a layer style. Some habits die hard, however, and I like the end result better when channels come into play. What can I say? I’ve been doing it this way since at least PS 6, and if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

image11.jpg

Duplicate the text layer and go to Filter>Sketch>Chrome. Set up the reflections as seen in the dialog box below:

image12.jpg

Now you can play with Layer Styles a bit. Open the Layer Styles dialog box and select Bevel/Emboss. Enter the following settings… note that the Shadow color is again gray in the #666666 range and not black. Once done click OK.

image14.jpg

image13.jpg

Let’s shine this up a bit. Command/Control+Click the text layer to generate a selection, then make a Curves adjustment layer and Levels adjustment layer with the settings seen here:

image16.jpg

image15.jpg

Against a black background the shine really comes out.

image17.jpg

Turn off the background layer or layers (if you added the black separately) and merge all the others together.

image18.jpg

To give the type an enhanced liquid quality, go to Filter>Liquify. Use the Bloat tool to expand or otherwise warp areas of the text as seen here. Once you are happy with the distortions, click OK.

image19.jpg

You can now throw the text into any image you so choose. In the following example, I’ve blurred a tech-style background, placed the type in that document, then placed a duplicate of the blurred layer above the text. The Blend mode of the top layer is changed to Soft Light to serve as reflections off the type, or making the type appear transparent allowing you to see the background through it. I’ll let you decide what is actually happening.

image20.jpg

image21.jpg

Fonte: photoshopcafe