- Entrou
- Out 5, 2021
- Mensagens
- 62,093
- Gostos Recebidos
- 1,863
Man Utd star who clashed with Ruben Amorim before brutal sacking leaves club on loan
Manchester United have confirmed that a star who clashed with Ruben Amorim before his brutal sacking has left the club on loan
Manchester United have confirmed that a young defender who clashed with Ruben Amorim will join Norwich City for the remainder of the campaign.
Harry Amass spent the opening half of the season on loan at Championship strugglers Sheffield Wednesday, where he made a strong impression across 21 outings for the Owls.
Wednesday had been confident they could re-sign Amass for the rest of the term. Nevertheless, United had covered Amass' loan expenses to ensure regular playing time, which allowed Norwich to table an enhanced proposal to secure his services, and whilst United were content to send Amass back to South Yorkshire, the choice has been made to continue his progression at Carrow Road.
Following confirmation of his move, Amass commented: "I've spoken with Ben [Knapper, Norwich sporting director] and the gaffer. They've both told me that they've been watching me since Sheffield Wednesday and a bit before that, and they've liked what they've seen.
"They like the way that I carry the ball, the way that I am on the ball, the hard work that I show. They spoke to me and said they see that I can do good things here, they believe that it'll be a benefit for the club and for me, so it should be good both ways."
Norwich's sporting director Knapper expressed his delight, stating: "We're thrilled to welcome Harry to the football club. Despite being in the early stages of his professional career, his talent was clear for all to see during an impressive loan spell at Sheffield Wednesday in the first half of the season," reports the Manchester Evening News.
""He has demonstrated that he is ready to compete and excel at this level, and he'll bring quality and bolster our left-back position. ""He's fit and raring to go, and we're excited to see him contribute to the team and help us climb up the table for the rest of the season."
Amorim seemingly threw his youth players under the bus during one of final his pre-match press conference ahead of Manchester United's clash with Bournemouth. Amorim had been addressing criticism of his treatment of Kobbie Mainoo - who has found minutes few and far between.
However, In a spectacular rant about the quality of his youth players, Amorim said: "He [Toby Collyer] played [for the first team]. He’s from the academy. He played here. He went to West Bromwich. He’s not playing. He played for Manchester United. So sometimes it’s not because he’s from the academy or whatever.
“It’s the situation, what’s happened. I don’t know what is going to be the future [for Mainoo]. Let’s see after this match. [Harry] Amass is now struggling in the Championship.
"Chido [Obi] is not always a starter in under 21s. All these guys played when a lot of people were saying sack the manager!"
And Amass has now hit back at those comments in a now-deleted Instagram story seen by Daily Star Sport. The full-back shared a simple photo holding Wednesday's Player of the Month award - before swiftly deleting the picture.
Amorim maintained his remarks weren't meant negatively and suggested the reaction from the pair of 18-year-olds epitomised the sense of entitlement he believes still pervades the club. "I think is the feeling of entitlement that we have in our club," he said.
"Sometimes strong words is not bad words, sometimes difficult moments is not the bad things for the kids. We don't need to be always with accolades in everything in every situation, we are not helping.
"That's why when you guys talk about a lot of players nowadays that they go against the clubs and everything happened because they feel entitlement. I have that feeling all the time that we need to fight against this feeling."
Daily Star Sunday
Manchester United have confirmed that a star who clashed with Ruben Amorim before his brutal sacking has left the club on loan
Manchester United have confirmed that a young defender who clashed with Ruben Amorim will join Norwich City for the remainder of the campaign.
Harry Amass spent the opening half of the season on loan at Championship strugglers Sheffield Wednesday, where he made a strong impression across 21 outings for the Owls.
Wednesday had been confident they could re-sign Amass for the rest of the term. Nevertheless, United had covered Amass' loan expenses to ensure regular playing time, which allowed Norwich to table an enhanced proposal to secure his services, and whilst United were content to send Amass back to South Yorkshire, the choice has been made to continue his progression at Carrow Road.
Following confirmation of his move, Amass commented: "I've spoken with Ben [Knapper, Norwich sporting director] and the gaffer. They've both told me that they've been watching me since Sheffield Wednesday and a bit before that, and they've liked what they've seen.
"They like the way that I carry the ball, the way that I am on the ball, the hard work that I show. They spoke to me and said they see that I can do good things here, they believe that it'll be a benefit for the club and for me, so it should be good both ways."
Norwich's sporting director Knapper expressed his delight, stating: "We're thrilled to welcome Harry to the football club. Despite being in the early stages of his professional career, his talent was clear for all to see during an impressive loan spell at Sheffield Wednesday in the first half of the season," reports the Manchester Evening News.
""He has demonstrated that he is ready to compete and excel at this level, and he'll bring quality and bolster our left-back position. ""He's fit and raring to go, and we're excited to see him contribute to the team and help us climb up the table for the rest of the season."
Amorim seemingly threw his youth players under the bus during one of final his pre-match press conference ahead of Manchester United's clash with Bournemouth. Amorim had been addressing criticism of his treatment of Kobbie Mainoo - who has found minutes few and far between.
However, In a spectacular rant about the quality of his youth players, Amorim said: "He [Toby Collyer] played [for the first team]. He’s from the academy. He played here. He went to West Bromwich. He’s not playing. He played for Manchester United. So sometimes it’s not because he’s from the academy or whatever.
“It’s the situation, what’s happened. I don’t know what is going to be the future [for Mainoo]. Let’s see after this match. [Harry] Amass is now struggling in the Championship.
"Chido [Obi] is not always a starter in under 21s. All these guys played when a lot of people were saying sack the manager!"
And Amass has now hit back at those comments in a now-deleted Instagram story seen by Daily Star Sport. The full-back shared a simple photo holding Wednesday's Player of the Month award - before swiftly deleting the picture.
Amorim maintained his remarks weren't meant negatively and suggested the reaction from the pair of 18-year-olds epitomised the sense of entitlement he believes still pervades the club. "I think is the feeling of entitlement that we have in our club," he said.
"Sometimes strong words is not bad words, sometimes difficult moments is not the bad things for the kids. We don't need to be always with accolades in everything in every situation, we are not helping.
"That's why when you guys talk about a lot of players nowadays that they go against the clubs and everything happened because they feel entitlement. I have that feeling all the time that we need to fight against this feeling."
Daily Star Sunday
Última edição:
