• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

Notícias MH370 shock as veteran fisherman reveals discovery in sea south of Australia

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
MH370 shock as veteran fisherman reveals discovery in sea south of Australia

2_Malaysia-Airlines-Boeing-777-on-approach-to-land-at-Melbourne-Airport.jpg

A retired fisherman reckons he might've snared a wing from missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 shortly after it vanished during its flight from Malaysia to China on March 8, 2014

A fisherman claims to have discovered a crucial clue in the mystery of what happened to missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

The Boeing 777 vanished during its journey from Malaysia to China on March 8, 2014, with 227 passengers and 12 crew members on board.

Although pieces of debris have been located since, extensive sea searches have not uncovered the plane's final resting place. But retired Australian fisherman Kit Olver, 77, might know where authorities should be looking.

Olver claims his deep-sea trawler dredged up what appeared to be the wing of a commercial plane in either September or October 2014. He said he was in the Southern Ocean, roughly 55km off the coast of South Australia.

"It was a bloody great wing of a big jet airliner," Olver told The Sydney Morning Herald. "I’ve questioned myself; I’ve looked for a way out of this. I wish to Christ I’d never seen the thing … but there it is. It was a jet’s wing."

Olver held a pilot's licence when he was younger and flew several small planes. He was confident the wing he pulled to from the ocean did not belong to a small private plane.

George Currie, the only other surviving member of the trawler's crew, corroborated Olver's claims. He told The Sydney Morning Herald: "It was incredibly heavy and awkward. It stretched out the net and ripped it. It was too big to get up on the deck.

"As soon as I saw it I knew what it was. It was obviously a wing, or a big part of it, from a commercial plane. It was white, and obviously not from a military jet or a little plane

Olver ordered his crew cut the net and the wing free, having spent a day struggling to get it out. Olver remembers the spot so well as it was his secret trawling area for alfonsino fish.

He said he contacted the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) as soon as he returned to port, and that he was told he had likely snared a shipping container that had fallen from a Russian vessel in the area. AMSA told The Sydney Morning Herald it had no record of communicating with Olver.

Daily Star Sunday