• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

Notícias Pope Francis' raunchy confession as woman left him 'dazzled' and close to giving up cloth

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
Pope Francis' raunchy confession as woman left him 'dazzled' and close to giving up cloth

0_JS327906417.jpg

Pope Francis has opened up how a "beautiful and intelligent" girl once almost stole his heart before God did – and his life could have looked very different if she had

Pope Francis has revealed how he nearly gave up his plans to be a priest – because of a chance encounter with a stunning girl.

The 87-year-old religious leader said he was so "dazzled" by the woman he met as a young man, he even found himself struggling to pray. The head of the Catholic church made the admission in his new autobiography titled Life: My Story Through History, due to be published next week.

He wrote the girl, who he met at his uncle's wedding, was "so beautiful and intelligent" it caused him to "turn his head", reports The Mail.

After the meeting the devout Catholic, who was already studying to become a priest, tried to pray but found himself unable to do so as the only image in his head was of the girl. He said: "When I returned to the seminary after the wedding, I could not pray for over a week because when I tried to do so, the girl appeared in my head.

"I had to rethink what I was doing. I was still free because I was a seminarian, so I could have gone back home and that was it. I had to think about my choice again. I chose again – or let myself be chosen by – the religious path."

However, the Pope goes on to explain how his infatuation “fortunately” passed and he was ultimately able to dedicate his soul and body to his work for good

Elsewhere the book reflects on the Pope’s memories of some of the most significant events in recent history. The publication touches on the Holocaust, the fall of the Berlin Wall, the Moon landing in 1969, the 9/11 attacks and, fittingly from the football enthusiast, the 1986 World Cup.

In fact, the Argentine dedicated an entire chapter of his book to Diego Maradona, whose goal against England in the quarter-finals eventually led his home country to lift the trophy. In one extract, the Pope reveals how years after the "hand of goal" happened, he asked Maradona "Which is the guilty hand?" when the footballer was visiting the Vatican.

Daily Star Sunday