• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

Notícias 'Show-off' 146mph idiot kills woman, 20, after telling passenger 'just chill'

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
'Show-off' 146mph idiot kills woman, 20, after telling passenger 'just chill'

1_teegan.jpg

Driver Declan Stubbs was jailed for nine years and eight months after a car crash on a dual carriageway led to the death of one passenger while two others were seriously injured

A man driving "breathtakingly dangerous" speeds of 146mph has killed a woman on a dual carriageway and been sentenced to nine years in prison.

Declan Stubbs, 22, had headed out to pick up Teegan Waters during a night out in Blyth, Northumberland before losing control of his Ford Fiesta ST on the A189 Spine Road. The 20-year-old passenger in the front seat suffered fatal injuries.

The two teenage friends in the back of the vehicle, David Goward, and Mark Chrisp, were badly injured, with Newcastle Crown Court hearing details of the horror crash which occurred on August 20, 2022, Chronicle Live reports.

Teegan and Mr Stubbs had planned to spend the day with one another after the night out but the drive home ended in tragedy and the 20-year-old was killed in the crash.

Jolyon Perks, prosecuting, said: "Mr Goward said he didn't notice the car revving to excess but after a short while he looked up from his phone and he saw 148mph on the speedometer. Mr Chrisp thought he saw 150 or 157mph." He asked him to slow down but was told "not to worry and to chill".

Mr Perks said: "Seconds later the defendant lost control of that vehicle." The Fiesta hit the central barrier, went up an embankment, took out a tree and rolled several times before coming to rest in a field.

All passengers in the vehicle were rendered unconscious by the collision, while David was able to climb out of the rear window. He then pulled Mark and attempted to move Teegan, who by this point had succumbed to her injuries.

GPS data from the car showed Stubbs had been driving at 146mph before losing control of the vehicle, and had also hit speeds of 90mph in a 50mph zone and 100mph on a 50mph limit area.

David suffered fractures to his sternum and elbow and had air in his chest wall, as well as cuts to his ear, bruising to his eye and a laceration on his arm. Mark also suffered fractures to his spine and underwent an operation to insert rods which will be there for life.

Teegan's mum, Lindsay Waters, who felt unable to attend the hearing, said: "This is something no one should go through or experience. The only feeling I have now is numbness. Having to relive events every day is emotionally and physically draining.

"I've attempted suicide because I felt this was the only way I could be with Teegs again. All I'm left with now is the memory of my beautiful girl and the dreams when she comes to visit.

Stubbs pleaded guilty to causing death by dangerous driving and two counts of causing serious injury by dangerous driving, and was jailed for nine years and eight months. He will also be banned from driving for five years after his release.

Judge Julie Clemitson said: "The circumstances were tragic and utterly needless but you didn't set out to hurt anyone, let alone kill anyone. These were the consequences of you choosing to drive at breathtakingly dangerous speeds in the pitch-black in a fully-laden car. I can think of no reason for you driving in that way other than you were showing off."

Daily Star Sunday