• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

Women haunted by Somerset Gimp fear real one 'may still be out there'

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
Women haunted by Somerset Gimp fear real one 'may still be out there'

0_main-P7-Residents-haunted-by-Somerset-Gimp-and-real-one-may-still-be-out-there-NEWS-31415901-.jpg

Two terrified woman who quit their jobs after falling victim to the 'Somerset Gimp' fear the man police apprehended is just a copycat and the real gimp may still be out there

Victims of the "Somerset gimp" have revealed they are still haunted by the plastic-clad pervert and fear there could be more like him.

Two women who were subjected to a “nightmare” ordeal at the hands of twisted Joshua Hunt have said they have been left suffering flashbacks. Sam Farmer and Chloe Smith were driving down a country lane in May near Bleadon, north Somerset, after finishing work at midnight when they were confronted by Hunt in the middle of the road.

Mum-of-two Sam, 37, from Weston Super-Mare and who was driving at the time, said: “It was out of a nightmare. He had drawn a face on his gimp mask with an illuminous pen. So all we could see was a man in a gimp suit in the middle of the road with a terrifying smile and drawn on eyes.

“Behind us was a pitch black country lane. And in front of us he was stood with really low lit lights behind him. Like a horror film. He was completely still, just staring at us. Not moving and had his hands behind his back so I had no idea if he had a weapon.”

Hunt, 32, who was found guilty of public order offences last month, confirmed in court that he was the masked man who had frightened passing drivers in north Somerset on two nights in May but claimed: “The outfit I wear is not anything to do with the gimp.”

Police said he had done internet searches in 2022 and 2023 about the “Somerset Gimp” and the “Gimp of Cleeve”. Now Chloe and Sam believe “deranged” Hunt was a copycat, with the “real” Somerset gimp still on the prowl.

Sam added: “I know he has been convicted but I think Joshua Hunt is a copycat. The real Somerset Gimp could still be out there. Having seen previous videos and pictures of the so-called Somerset Gimp, it just looks like a different body shape, a different man.

“I’m terrified the real gimp still out there. Near my home, targeting us. I have flashbacks all of the time. I have nightmares.”

Chloe, 23, added: “He could know where we live, this could not be over. And that thought is terrifying.” The pair say their lives have changed as a result of the incident, and have even left their jobs due to the terror and stress they have felt ever since.

Sam added: “We have quit our jobs and found new ones because the memories affect us so much. I cannot stress how much this deranged man has affected me. This has changed my life."

Inside the Somerset Gimp case that shocked, er, everyone

Joshua Hunt, 32, was found guilty of causing intentional harassment, alarm or distress to his victims.

He has now been handed a sexual harm risk order, which prevents him from wearing any type of mask unless for medical reasons. The order will be in place for five years.

Imposing the sexual harm risk order at Bristol Magistrates’ Court earlier, District Judge Joanna Dickens said: “[The incidents] are clearly acts of a sexual nature with a sexual element to them.”

“A sexual risk order is quite a serious order, and it has a lot of obligations of you and if you breach this order you can go to prison.

“I only make an order if I think it is necessary to protect the public from you and I do think it is necessary,” she continued.

Daily Star Sunday