• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

Notícias MLS star scores one of most ridiculous goals ever from own half with help of crazy wind

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
MLS star scores one of most ridiculous goals ever from own half with help of crazy wind

0_Screenshot-1007.jpg

0_Screenshot-1008.jpg

CF Montreal were on the receiving end of one of the most gut-wrenching ways to lose a game in the last minute as the windy city Chicago lived up to its nickname

Football fans couldn't believe their eyes after a ridiculous MLS goal was blown in by the wind from past the halfway line.

Chicago Fire looked to be heading to a 3-3 draw with CF Montreal in the Eastern Conference on Saturday (March 16). But the American city's notorious weather had something to say about that.

It was the ninth minute of nine added on at the end of the second half when Chicago midfielder Kellyn Acosta looked to send a long ball forward against the 10 men of Montreal from inside his own half.

The pass looked to be headed to the right wing - but the ball continued to fly higher up into the air, so much so that it briefly escaped the TV camera's vision.

By the time it started coming down it was headed for the box, where Montreal goalkeeper Jonathan Sirois unwisely came off of his line to try and claim it.

One last gust of wind blew it just out of his reach and he inadvertently tipped it into his own net to give Chicago the most dramatic of victories, sparking wild celebrations inside Soldier Field.

A clip soon went viral on social media, with one viewer exclaiming: "What am I just after witnessing." Another reacted: "I have watched a lot of football, and I’ve seen some remarkable things, but bloody hell."

"I am convinced that this is not a real league," commented a third, while a fourth joked: "I don't think that's how the ball is supposed to move."

A fifth responded: "I would throw every TV in my house out the window if my team lost like this." And a sixth went so far as to argue: "I’d stop watching the sport."

Chicago had been 3-1 behind with less than 10 minutes to go. A red card for Raheem Edwards, who also conceded a penalty for lashing out at an opponent, changed the complexion of the game.

Daily Star Sunday