• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

Notícias Pin-up referee blasts sexist yobs and she says 'won't be forced to quit football'

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
Pin-up referee blasts sexist yobs and she says 'won't be forced to quit football'

0_PAY-BANNER-STAR--BANNER-GRABS-Model-referee-Mariangela-Presicce-blasts-sexist-thugs-who-wont-fo.jpg

Mariangela Presicce, a model-turned-referee, has said sexist fans in her native Italy will not stop her from refereeing football matches as she hits back at the yobs

A fashion model referee said sexist fans in the stands won’t ever make her give up football.

Mariangela Presicce, 20, has won several beauty pageants and participated in numerous fashion shows in her home country. She also has a passion for football and is a qualified referee.

She previously appeared in her official kit at a fashion show and pulled out a red card to symbolically expel sexism from football. Mariangela, who comes from Nardo, near Lecce, Italy, is one of the few female refs officiating in the region.

She spoke about the abuse she encounters from fans in the stand. The model, who inherited her love for the game from her dad who is a coach, said: "Insults are thrown at me.

"They tell me to go home and cook, but I move forward against such prejudice. I've been a referee for five years. On the pitch, I hear everything and more, but I won't ever give up.

"That's how to challenge insults and prejudices."

Mariangela said: "People often ask me how I can tolerate insults and much more.

"And I tell them 'If you have a passion for this sport, you close your ears but not your heart. Otherwise you end up thinking about it and feeling bad about the cruelty that exists'."

The model who recently took part in the Milano Fashion Week, added: "I only have anger towards these people, but unfortunately we live in a world of labels and without much humanity."

As well as being a model and referee, Mariangela also uses her to profile to raise awareness of violence against women.

Daily Star Sunday