• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

National Geographic Foto of the Day

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Crayfish, Australia

February 5, 2012

[h=2]Crayfish, Australia[/h] Photograph by Carsten Peter, National Geographic
This Month in Photo of the Day: Animal Pictures
A foot-long crayfish dodges a hiker fording a stream in Australia's Claustral Canyon. The color of these crayfish, called yabbies by canyoneers, remains a puzzle. In some streams they're orange. In others they're blue. The difference is due partly to water purity—the blue ones are found in the clearest water.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Tigers, India

February 6, 2012

[h=2]Tigers, India[/h] Photograph by Steve Winter, National Geographic
Meet Smasher—the male in the background. That's the name Steve Winter gave this youngster, cooling off in a watering hole in Bandhavgarh National Park, after he slapped the automated camera trap until it stopped clicking. Both tigers are thought to have killed people, and Smasher is now in captivity.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Elephants, Serengeti

February 7, 2012

[h=2]Elephants, Serengeti[/h] Photograph by Michael Nichols, National Geographic

Elephants roam the Serengeti under a stormy sky in this photo by Michael “Nick” Nichols, who sent dispatches from the field as he shot a story for National Geographic magazine.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Crabeater Seal, Antarctica

February 8, 2012

[h=2]Crabeater Seal, Antarctica
[/h] Photograph by Mary Beth Young, Your Shot
A cute crabeater seal peeked out at us from behind a piece of snow but wasn't bothered by our presence. I think he was just as curious as we were. He didn't move except to look at us and stretch. Sun was shimmering on his fur and the ice and snow he was laying on. It was the trip of a lifetime with the family, December 2011. Took this while Zodiac cruising in Cierva Cove, Antarctica, with Lindblad Expeditions on the National Geographic Explorer.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Anhinga, Everglades National Park

February 9, 2012

[h=2]Anhinga, Everglades National Park
[/h] Photograph by Karim Jaffrey, Your Shot
This photo was taken on the Anhinga Trail, Everglades National Park, in July 2010. The anhinga bird had just surfaced from the stream, having skewered the fish. Taken with a Nikon D50.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Squirrel in Snow

February 10, 2012

[h=2]Squirrel in Snow
[/h] Photograph by Ray Yeager, My Shot
Photographed during a snowstorm in New Jersey

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Caravanner and Camels, Mali

February 11, 2012

[h=2]Caravanner and Camels, Mali[/h] Photograph by Brent Stirton, National Geographic

A caravanner of mixed Tuareg and Arab descent leads his camels in Mali. His Tuareg uncles taught him which plants can cure—or kill—his animals and how to navigate by the color, texture, and taste of sand.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Cattle Egrets, India

February 12, 2012

[h=2]Cattle Egrets, India[/h] Photograph by Avinash Upadhyay, My Shot
We saw a lot of cattle egrets in a dried paddy field in the afternoon. The light was profuse, and even as I concentrated on the nearest bird, it began to lift off. Although the image is bathed in light, I love it because that is what India is all about—a profusion of light.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Foxes, New Jersey

February 13, 2012

[h=2]Foxes, New Jersey [/h] Photograph by Jack Fusco, My Shot
This photo was taken in Island Beach State Park, New Jersey.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Mountain Gorillas, Africa

February 14, 2012

[h=2]Mountain Gorillas, Africa[/h] Photograph by Joel Sartore, National Geographic
Alert to human visitors, a young mountain gorilla and its mother sit tight in Bwindi Impenetrable Park. When the park opened in 1991, villagers resented losing access to forest where they had gathered honey and wood. Today the park shares the fees from gorilla-watching tours with the locals, a small victory in the Albertine Rift's unending clashes for livable space

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Puffins, Maine

February 15, 2012

[h=2]Puffins, Maine
[/h] Photograph by Jon Reaves, Your Shot
Puffins interact on Machias Seal Island off the coast of Maine. The island is a sanctuary for puffins and other endangered birds that breed on its rocky coast each summer. Puffins mate in the same pairs for life, yet disperse for the winter.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Ducklings

February 17, 2012

[h=2]Ducklings
[/h] Photograph by Raymond Tzul, Your Shot
This is a picture of our newly born baby ducks. They are about a week old. The mother duck was killed by our neighbor's dog, and my mom did not know what to do. She was advised to set up a homemade incubator, and the baby ducks were born a couple of weeks later. This particular picture shows one of the baby ducks snuggling next to another one while keeping an eye on the camera as we took the photo

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Emperor Penguins, Antarctica

February 20, 2012

[h=2]Emperor Penguins, Antarctica
[/h] Photograph by Dafna Ben Nun, Your Shot
An adult emperor penguin in Antarctica takes care of the young ones while the other parents are fishing.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Lion Pride, Serengeti

February 21, 2012

[h=2]Lion Pride, Serengeti
[/h] Photograph by Michael Nichols, National Geographic
A pride of lions behaves naturally for the camera—a remote-controlled car outfitted with still and video cameras to capture the lions at ground level. The equipment was field tested by photographer Michael "Nick" Nichols while on assignment for National Geographic magazine.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Chameleon, India

February 22, 2012

[h=2]Chameleon, India[/h] Photograph by Sree V. Remella, Your Shot
I shot this in Hyderabad, India. I was lucky the chameleon didn’t turn blue.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Cows, India

February 23, 2012

[h=2]Cows, India
[/h] Photograph by Mariajoseph Johnbasco, Your Shot
I shot this calf on the road in 2011 on the eve of Diwali at Neyveli, which is my hometown. Due to crackers going off everywhere, the cows couldn’t rest near homes so they sought the middle of the road for rest. The fog, noise, and the backlighting of the streetlight made me take this picture.

esmorix

GF Prata
Entrou
Nov 26, 2007
Gostos Recebidos
Bonitas imagens amigo Fonsec@, :espi28:

Cumps, Esmorix