• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

Notícias Couple buy abandoned school without ever seeing inside and turn it into family home

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
Couple buy abandoned school without ever seeing inside and turn it into family home

2_banner-school.jpg

Stacie Grissom and Sean Wilson are still picking away at their renovated school project, snapping up the 9,000sqft property after looking for a 'quirky' build to make their family home

A couple who purchased an abandoned school without ever viewing the property have converted it into a swanky family home.

Stacie Grissom and Sean Wilson's home transformation is still under construction though the 9,000sqft property is looking very different to its school days. The 1914 building has since been overhauled and transformed by the couple.

Not set on an everyday home, the pair decided an abandoned school building would be the right choice for them and are documenting the construction on social media.

The couple from Franklin, Indiana, were "very anxious" for their project which has kept them "ridiculously busy" for the last two years, but they are now reaping the rewards of their work.

Hefty renovations were in order for the property, with Stacie recalling their first encounter with the property and why they chose to renovate it. She said on YouTube: "Two years ago, we did something crazy and bought an old school in the middle of the country to turn it into our house.

"We didn't even see the school in person before we put in an offer," she added. The pair had grown up near to the property and curiosity led to the purchase, so they could see what was "on the inside."

The "decently handy" couple are now hard at work overhauling their home, with Stacie adding: "I jumped up, started sweating, and called my parents to ask if they could go tour this place, because we were still in NYC at the time.

"Sean and I are decently handy, and there are few things I love more than a DIY project. But this level of project was just so out of our league.

"Luckily, my parents run a little commercial real estate business and are much more knowledgeable on how to fix buildings, and they've got a long list of trusted folks to get jobs done."

With help from the family and a thumbs up from her father, Stacie and Sean dropped in on the school and gutted the place. A repair of "the big stuff" included fixing "unoriginal walls, the dropped ceilings, and everything that had water damage."

Next steps for the family are already in motion, with Stacie revealing: "Next up we'll be finally finishing the windows, adding some insulation, doing some drywall, HVAC, refinishing all of the floors… and then hopefully we start building out the kitchen!

"It's been two very anxious and ridiculously busy years, and I still can't believe that so many things lined up in our lives to buy this building with so much history."

The couple's project has since been praised by YouTube users, with plenty of comments left gushing over the "amazing story" of the property's renovation.

One wrote: "What an absolute amazing story! I love these old brick buildings. I love the idea that they are repurposed for new generations. What a journey!!! I'm excited to follow the rest."

Another added: "It's always gratifying to find someone who wants to renovate rather than demolish. Two thumbs up." A third has praised the pair for giving "old buildings new life".

The couple had set out to make the property a four-bedroom home and had their eye on it from 2012. After the pair had their first child, they expressed their wishes to live in a "quirky old house in central Indiana."

Stacie and Sean are now documenting their progress on Instagram, with the schoolhousehomestead account boasting a few hundred thousand followers and plenty of reels showing their progress.

Daily Star Sunday