• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

Man City set to discover fate over 115 charges after Pep Guardiola's contract expires

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
Man City set to discover fate over 115 charges after Pep Guardiola's contract expires

1_JS318246356.jpg

Manchester City have the shadow of 115 Premier League charges hanging over their heads and Pep Guardiola's side have now been told when they can expect to learn their fate

The trial between Manchester City and Premier League bosses over the club's alleged financial breaches will not take place until the back end of 2024.

And the English champions might not discover their fate until the summer of 2025 - after Pep Guardiola's contract has expired. It's understood both parties have agreed a date next Autumn for them to face-off at an independent hearing, which is expected to take place in London.

The Premier League hit City in February with an unprecedented 115 charges of alleged breaches of financial regulations over 14 seasons. This followed an investigation into the club's dealings which lasted almost five years.

The Premier League and City have both declined to comment. Witness statements are still being taken by the League's legal team - and this process will not be finished until April. But if the trial goes ahead on time, a verdict is not expected until the end of next season.

And if City are found guilty, the Champions League holders are expected to appeal, which would delay the whole process even longer. City would not be able to go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), like they once did to get their Champions League ban from UEFA overturned.

The latest charges, dating back to the 2009-10 season, include claims over financial reporting and a lack of co-operation with a Premier League investigation.

City have strenuously denied all of them, and claim to have "irrefutable" evidence to support their case. Everton were charged with breaking financial rules in March and pleaded guilty, which resulted in a 10-point deduction being imposed on them last week.

Everton have appealed the punishment. Guardiola believes football has ganged up on City, and that everyone outside the club wants to see them punished.

‌He said recently: "We are innocent until guilt is proved. I know the people want it (City punished). I know, I feel it. I will wait and see, and after the sentence has been done we will come here and explain." Guardiola has vowed he won't walk out on City, even if they are found guilty and relegated down the League pyramid.

Daily Star Sunday