• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

Notícias Newcastle players scuffle with opposition players at full-time for third time this week

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
Newcastle players scuffle with opposition players at full-time for third time this week

1_Untitled-1.jpg

Newcastle players were involved in yet another physical altercation with rival players after the full-time whistle as they exited the Champions League following defeat to AC Milan

Newcastle players were involved in scuffles with the opposition for the third match in a row as they crashed out of the Champions League.

The Magpies went into their final group match knowing victory, coupled with Paris Saint-Germain failing to beat Borussia Dortmund in Germany, would send them through to the last 16 on their return to Europe’s top club competition after a gap of 20 years. It started so well for Eddie Howe’s side, who hit the front thanks to a thunderous drive from Joelinton.

But second half goals from Christian Pulisic and substitute Samuel Chukwueze condemned a tiring Newcastle to bottom place in the group as they also missed out on third place and the consolation prize of Europa League football.

As the final whistle sounded, frustrations boiled over with Fabian Schar squaring up to Milan’s English defender Fikayo Tomori. Referee Danny Makkelie was even forced to drag Schar away from Tomori.

Newcastle players have been involved in a series of flashpoints at the end of games recently. Following Newcastle’s 4-1 defeat at Tottenham, home keeper Guglielmo Vicario and Magpies striker Callum Wilson were involved in a furious bust-up.

And in the game before that, the heavy defeat at Everton, there was a mass confrontation involving the Toffees’ former Sunderland keeper Jordan Pickford. The England stopper celebrated wildly in front of the travelling fans and also clashed with Schar.

Of more concern to Howe will be another defeat for his side, which has been blighted by injuries this season. Speaking after the match, the former Bournemouth boss said: “I think we gave everything to the match, I don’t think I can ask any more of the players, the commitment, effort, physical exertion. Unfortunately for us it wasn’t to be today.

“I thought there were some really good bits in our performance, I thought we were dominant at times. We probably needed a second goal and didn’t defend the two goals well.

“It was very much end to end, you attack, we attack, both teams you could see were desperate to win. We very much embraced that. We had to be brave, they had to be brave, and it made for a very good game.

“Probably not our best technical performance, that was probably the disappointing thing on the night, but we did create chances, and we’re absolutely devastated not to go through.”

Daily Star Sunday