• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

Notícias 'The Serpent' serial killer shares one regret as he breaks silence on grim murders

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
'The Serpent' serial killer shares one regret as he breaks silence on grim murders

0_JS225288380.jpg

A murderer dubbed 'The Serpent' who killed at least 20 has opened up about his sick spree as he was branded an "immediate danger to women" following his release from prison

'The Serpent' serial killer, who targeted victims on a hippie trail in the 1970s and 1980s, has broken his silence on his sick murder spree.

Charles Sobhraj, 79, is set to appear in a new documentary with criminologist Professor Paul Britton, famous for his work on the Fred and Rosemary West murders. The expert spent hours interviewing Sobhraj for the new release The Real Serpent: Investigating a Serial Killer, which airs on Channel 4 on Tuesday (March 19).

The show will also see him share his one regret – that his partner-in-crime Marie-Andree Leclerc, also known as Monique, died when her cancer was not picked up early enough. "It’s because she was with me that it was not detected," he said.

"That is the thing I will regret all my life. I’m really sorry... because she was such a nice person."

Britton wants authorities to take seriously the dangers he believes are still posed by the serial attacker who visits the capital regularly, reports The Express. He claimed: "Sobhraj is a danger, particularly to young women open to coercive control.

"Don’t forget, he preyed on vulnerable women. After studying pharmacy, he would poison people, keep them insensible for days while he robbed them, and that’s how people die." He added: "I think this man is a grave and immediate danger."

Sobhraj is set to tell all in the bombshell new documentary, including how he initially evaded capture. The programme will investigate Sobhraj’s Nepal jailbreak in 2022 after he spent nearly 20 years behind bars.

"I was like a shadow," the convicted killer said. "I am fed up with all these allegations so I'm going to put forward my facts and let the people decide. You are the victim of brainwashing by the media."

His jail sentence came after he drugged, stole from and murdered tourists in Thailand, India and Nepal. The documentary will also see him open up about the murder of 21-year-old American tourist, Teresa Knowlton, in Bangkok in 1975. Sobhraj said: "She said, 'Did you give me something? Because I feel very funny.' I said, 'Teresa, I'm sorry to say to you but I think I have to do something bad to you.'"

He also discusses killing Turkish national Vitali Hakim whose body was set on fire in Pattaya, Thailand. These murders are just a few among at least five in Thailand which Sobhraj never faced trial for, including the killings of Dutch student Henk Bintanja, 29, and his fiancée Cornelia Hemker, 25.

Sobhraj is understood to have poisoned the couple, pretended to care for them and then allegedly drugged them again before setting their bodies on fire. He still denies these murders.

In December 2022, Nepal's Supreme Court ordered the release of Sobhraj due to his age and poor health. He was found guilty of the 1975 murder of US tourist Connie Jo Bronzich, 29, and her Canadian friend Laurent Carriere, 26.

Sobhraj had already spent 20 years in an Indian jail for poisoning French tourist Jean-Luc Solomon. However, he was connected to over 20 murders between 1972 and 1982. Sobhraj also earned the nickname "The Bikini Killer" because he often targeted women wearing swimsuits.

The Serpent was heard recalling how he poisoned 60 French students with a meal at a Delhi hotel. He revealed: "The scene was like a horror movie, all the staff began panicking... they didn't know what was happening."

Daily Star Sunday